Wednesday 24 July 2013

July Ipsy Glam Bag

Today's post is all about beauty! I received a year subscription to Ipsy this Christmas and have received 8 bags since then. If you are not familiar with Ipsy, it is a $10 a month, monthly subscription service which provides 4 to 5 beauty products/samples. Unlike other subscription boxes Ipsy (which used to be called My Glam Bag) comes in a small make up bag, so every month you do not only get a variety of beauty products but a cute make up bag as well. One thing I particularly love about this subscription service is the fact that you receive not just make-up, but hair and face/body products also.

Every month has a different theme and the products included in that month's bag follow suit with the theme. For example April's bag's theme was Pretty In Pink and included items such as pink nail polish,  pink lip gloss etc... July's theme was Beach Beauty and included the following items:







The colours included in the Ipsy Bags were: Rose Romance ( a frosty, nude pink) Fuchsia Flirt ( a soft, bubblegum pink) and  Coral Crush ( a bright, coral-y pink). The colour I received was Coral Crush and I love the colour! The consistency is smooth and creamy yet when sets is fairly dry. I would recommend applying a plain lip balm over top, such as an eos or baby lips. The colour is super long wearing and will stay on even after brushing your teeth or drinking water.







This palette included 3 eyeshadow colours, one from each of the new California collection palettes. The colours included (in order of picture) were: Hollywood, San Francisco and Malibu. Hollywood is a rich, deep purple. San Francisco is a bronze/beige glitter shadow. Malibu is also a glitter shadow in a yellow/gold colour.



Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray




I have not yet tried this sample yet but am really looking forward to! I own the healthy sexy hair soy renewal spray but have not yet tried the beach version. I am hoping this will work in my curly hair so I will have nice, loose, beachy curls.




The product itself was fantastic. Yet the size of the sample wasn't overly amazing. A full size contains 50ml and judging by the size of the sample package the sample looked to contain about 2ml. Unfortunately the tube was only filled up a quarter of the way leaving only about 0.5 of a ml. Very disappointing. 





The final product I received this month was a fragrance from Demeter in Salt Air. In my opinion this smells more like fresh laundry or an interesting type of baby powder.  I will most likely not be wearing this fragrance as I prefer more fruity or sweet scents, however the size of the sample was great, not to mention the fact that it came in a convenient rollerball. 




Overall I wasn't blown away by this month's bag, and the only products that I would re-purchase would have to be the Pouty Pop Lip Crayon and Soy Renewal Beach Spray. If you are interested in subscribing to Ipsy click this link to get started. Subscribe to Ipsy



Ashlee <3


No comments:

Post a Comment